Monday 27 June 2011

LoVe CaNdLeS WaLlPApeRs....!!!

The Candle

By my bed, on a little round table,
The Grandmother placed a candle.
She gave me three kisses telling me they were three dreams
And tucked me in just where I loved being tucked.
Then she went out of the room and the door was shut.
I lay still, waiting for my three dreams to talk;
But they were silent.
Suddenly I remembered giving her three kisses back.
Perhaps, by mistake, I had given my three little dreams.
I sat up in bed.
The room grew big, oh, bigger far than a church.
The wardrobe, quite by itself, as big as a house.
And the jug on the washstand smiled at me:
It was not a friendly smile.
I looked at the basket-chair where my clothes lay folded:
The chair gave a creak as though it were listening for something.
Perhaps it was coming alive and going to dress in my clothes.
But the awful thing was the window:
I could not think what was outside.
No tree to be seen, I was sure,
No nice little plant or friendly pebbly path.
Why did she pull the blind down every night?
It was better to know.
I crunched my teeth and crept out of bed.
I peeped through a slit of blind.
There was nothing at all to be seen
But hundreds of friendly candles all over the sky
In remembrance of frightened children.
I went back to bed …
The three dreams started singing a little song.



These candles unattended are like a loaded gun on a dining room table. If you can't see the candle, it shouldn't be lit.

The painful Preacher, like a candle bright, Consumes himself in giving others Light.

If we see a candle that's lit, it will be removed.

In my intellect, I may divide (faith and works), just as in the candle I know there is both light and heat; yet put out the candle, and both are gone

Our lives are like a candle in the wind.

Perhaps a candle fell over and started a fire. Whether that's intentional or not is to be determined.

Persons grouped around a fire or candle for warmth or light are less able to pursue independent thoughts, or even tasks, than people supplied with electric light. In the same way, the social and educational patterns latent in automation are those of self-employment and artistic autonomy.

Many candles can be kindled from one candle without diminishing it.

With no power supply, we are unable to cook under candle lights, and are forced to buy our meals from restaurants, which we cannot afford.

I was burning the candle at both ends, working during the day, playing softball and going to school at night. I fell asleep while I was driving, and suddenly things changed.

Reputation is only a candle, of wavering and uncertain flame, and easily blown out, but it is the light by which the world looks for and finds merit.

Say a prayer and light a candle, that's about all you can do,

Cheris is a candle lighter in my wedding this summer.

Punch-coal, cut-candle, and set brand on end, is neither good house wife, nor good house-wife's friend.

My favorite part of the conference is going to be the candle-lighting ceremony. It's kind of a sentimental thing - we're closing off the conference with reflection and how you're going to take (the experience) back to your school.

New Jersey can't hold a candle to us. There's not a single Republican in the Massachusetts (congressional) delegation, not even a conservative-leaning Democrat. And, our senators are Kennedy and Kerry. I think that says it all.

Excuse my scribbling, it is late, and I have a poor candle.

I continue to create because writing is a labor of love and also an act of defiance, a way to light a candle in a gale wind: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was God."

People had candle lights on. They were talking about opening up, but were really couldn't open up without power.

It's really my being lucky enough to bag an inch of candle that incites me to this pitch of punctual epistolary. I must measure my letter by the light.

There are a thousand different ways - we must try to hear each other say - no matter how different - we're still the same - we all feel love and pain -
slip off your views - unbutton your mind - stay awhile 1000 miles - light a candle to your soul - dejavu 1000 miles old - close the door and lock the time -jump over the wall on the other side - come on in the dreams are fine - now I know why I like this place.

It was on a bitterly cold night and frosty morning, towards the end of the winter of '97, that I was awakened by a tugging at my shoulder. It was Holmes. The candle in his hand shone upon his eager, stooping face, and told me at a glance that something was amiss.

When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent.

It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.

Yeah, and I will continue to watch them play on TV. Their abilities and their leadership will be missed, and it's not that you can say they will be replaceable, because they won't be. Sam was that way, and Angela is like that candle. They light it for the younger players to learn from for years to come.

I am still amazed today at how much we influenced America with lighting the candle here in Atlanta on affirmative action.

The other day when I was walking through the woods, I saw a rabbit standing in front of a candle making shadows of people on a tree.

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world

No comments:

Post a Comment